rhonyc Kirsten’s husband — who always has to “work late” on the show– was the latest d list celeb to be linked to Ashley Madison. Here is his initial statement: “I don’t understand. There’s not a shot in hell that I’m a subscriber. I have no knowledge of that. This is the first I’ve ever heard of it. . .This is crazy. I saw it on the TV the other day about the security breach and we were laughing about it. It is what it is but somebody is definitely fraudulently using my name and number.”
Then the next day he says: “I signed up for the site foolishly and ignorantly with a group of friends and I deeply apologize for any embarrassment or pain I have brought to my wife and family . . .We both look forward to moving past this and getting on with our lives.”
1) the fact that he lied undermines his defense–consciousness of guilt BIG TIME
2) but why? Why admit? My theories are:
- he would have had to commit fraud to report his cc stolen which obviously his wife would have said he should do, but he could pretend he was doing that and not actually do it so this probably isn’t the reason.
- Someone called him out on the fact that it would be odd that someone would steal his identity solely to use on that site ie the story is too farkakta. most lies are a little farkakta so this probably didn’t sway him toward the truth.
- Someone linked the IP address to his company which people have been doing to show that government workers were checking the site at work. This seems to most likely reason but no one reported this.
I think his new explanation is redonkulous. He paid $1k. You only pay that much to buy “credits” to send messages to people. (So I’ve heard ) Really? The joke went so far as to send messages to people? YIKES.
The fifth amendment is there for a reason! Invoke mfer!!!